GW8

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
ftbui05

Re: GW8

Post by ftbui05 »

Hi, I've got the same problem like your, I've bought a GW8 with European style but I realy needed the Asian style, if you know any thing about this please let me know, thanks

Cheers
atish.chohan

Post by atish.chohan »

Dear Sayan,
I just bought roland gw8 e version. am going to perform in our religious festival, but the string tones are not good. can u advice me how to improve string sound. and also if you can share with me ur asian sytles i will really appriciate.

regards
atish
atish.chohan

Post by atish.chohan »

Dear Brother,
kindly share with me asian styles as i just bought gw8 e version
atish.chohan

Post by atish.chohan »

Dear Brother ,

please email me asian collection for roland gw8 to my email atish.chohan@gmail.com. i will very much appriciate it.

regards
atish
atish.chohan

Post by atish.chohan »

Dear Brother,

i have just bought gw8 e version 2. i really want asian collection styles.
i will really be gald if you share asian styles with me please.

you can email me the styles on atish.chohan@gmail.com
regards
atish
Abhishek Kothekar

Post by Abhishek Kothekar »

i hv one doubt. i read the manual of GW8 in that they mentioned you can save a tone having format .svd but not more than 17 character in u r pendrive.
after formatting the pendrive in keyboard the various folders are created.
in the sound folder copy the tones from computer and connect it to the keyboard. Then press USB IMPORT key on keyboard. the tones will automatically transferred to world or special category.
For more info check pg50 of GW8 user manual.
Please rply me whether i m right or not.
i m going to buy that keyboard very soon.
waiting for u r rply.
HERBERTH_

Post by HERBERTH_ »

I've been trying to play midi files in gw8 as they claim it can be done, but the problem is the playlist editor does not accept any midi file, I always get an error message, any idea how to solve this issue. Thanks.
Abhishek Kothekar

Try to copy those midi files in root folder of pen drive or copy those files in song folder in u r pendrive which u hv formatted in gw-8
HERBERTH_

Post by HERBERTH_ »

@Abhishek Kothekar Thank yuo for your advise. I tried that and I got good results, finally after several attemps I got the first midi file playing in gw8.

Here is what I did:
-first formatted the memory stick
- I had a midi file with the extension .mid
I changed it to .MID
- Loaded it to the song folder (don't need to use the playlist editor)
-Hit the usb import button and that was it.

I don't know if changing the file extension to capitalized letters is a rule to follow, but it worked for me, because before I did the same process without results, and now that I changed the file extension it did work.

The sounds are not quite good as ones would like to listen to, but I think I have to tweak them a little to see what happens.
HERBERTH_

Post by HERBERTH_ »

Did you ever get your asian collections?
Abhishek Kothekar

i hv GW8-A ver. u hv same version or different ?
btw do u know how to make a single patch by adding 2-3 tones together in roland GW-8 ?
HERBERTH_

Post by HERBERTH_ »

I have the GW8 L
I haven't tried to make patches with 3 tones, I don't even know how to do that, do you?? If you know how to do it, please let me know.
Abhishek Kothekar

can u send me your .svd (tone file of GW-8 L) file .mail me at abhishek.kothekar@gmail.com
seriously i don't know how to make these patches. so that i am using VST plug-ins. If you get any info let me know
cggg

Post by cggg »

Looking for GW-8 europe styles for my GW-8L!? If some one could email them to me that would be great, Many thanks.
goldwine119

Post by goldwine119 »

First of all.
The only way you can save those CC is to save as performance.
About the latin styles, it can be used, but some of the world instruments may be different so you must "guess" and change them in style makeup (must upgrade to OS 2.0 first).
I am not a style user, I am playing live at GW8E (east europe) but I've made some styles for a friend.
the fastest way is style converter, you must record on s software sequencer the all the parts of a style and then export them as midi file (read the help).
On short, you must write down, how many measures have the intro 1, 2,3,4 the main 1,2,3,4, the fill 1,2,3,4 , the endings, 1,2,3,4 and export 3 versions
1 - Major Chord
2 - Minor Chord
3- 7th Major Chord.

and save it as the Style COnverter program name it.
(when you make style converter project, it ask for those measeures, and it saves 3 midi files - M, m,7th - and form sequencer you save as and rewrite those midi.
Movies Online
download movies
download animation