XV 88 midi transmit settings

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
snakechaser

XV 88 midi transmit settings

Post by snakechaser »

Hi!

So I've got this XV 88 keyboard, but I'm having a hard time controlling my VST's with it. I've got a midi-usb converter going to my pc.

I've tried a lot of settings and a couple of factory resets as well, but all it will do is send one midi key at a time. So if I press C4 I hear C4 from my VST, but when I press C4 and G4 simultaneously, I only hear one of them.

Does anyone know how I can solve this annoying problem??

Thank you!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: XV 88 midi transmit settings

Post by Artemiy »

Are you sure your VST instrument is polyphonic?
snakechaser

Post by snakechaser »

Thank you for your quick response Artemiy. Yeah, VST's are polyphonic. I've tried pianoteq, pianissimo and NI Upright so far, both as standalones and as part of reaper, but none of them worked right.

It's strange though. If I press and hold, say, C4, I can press D4 a second later and hear it. If I press them simultaneously it doesn't work...

I've tried it both on my PC and my laptop, both didn't work, while using my old clavinova works great...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

It's likely your MIDI interface, or it's driver - doubt that XV's MIDI output is malfunctioning. So you have other MIDI keyboards you can test with the same interface?
snakechaser

Post by snakechaser »

Thank you again Artemiy.
The midi interface works fine with my CLP and laptop.
The pc can't be the problem I think, 'cause the XV 88 doesn't do polyphony, as well as with my laptop, as with my pc.
snakechaser

Post by snakechaser »

Thank you again Artemiy.
The midi interface works fine with my CLP and laptop.
The pc can't be the problem I think, 'cause the XV 88 doesn't do polyphony, as well as with my laptop, as with my pc.
gwhizofto

Post by gwhizofto »

I have an XV88 connected to a MAC PRO through a midisport UNO.I cannot tell if the XV88 is transmitting midi, nothing on the MAC (e.g. Logic, MidiMonitor) sees MIDI coming from it.

Is there a way I can verify the XV88 is sending MIDI when I play? I have System->Midi->Rx Ch 1, TX Ch Rx Ch (also tried 1) Local OFF and Remote ON (also tried with Local on or Remote OFF)