RD-700** and Electric Grand (CP70/80) Samples

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
dje31

RD-700** and Electric Grand (CP70/80) Samples

Post by dje31 »

Greetings, all. I'm a newb here, but did some searches, and came close, but thought I'd ask as a new thread.

I've always been a sucker for the CP70/80 electric grand sound.

I remember reading that the original RD-700 had four different versions of this tone.

I bought an RD-700SX years ago, and read that they whittled that down to just one version, which IMHO is a pretty weak example. Are the other three versions buried somewhere in the firmware/software of the SX? I've never found them myself.

From this board, I also read that the SRX-07 expansion board has a Stage Grand, tone #4, and its example on the Roland web page is pretty impressive, even on my crappy notebook speakers.

Looking through the tone list of the GX, it looks like there's still only one Electric Grand sample, #57, E. Grand. Is this one any better than the one in the SX?

Are any of the SuperNatural EP's modelled along the lines of a CP E. Grand?

Interested in the NX to upgrade to (some day), but would really love a great E-grand sample in there. But then there's no SRX expansion slot!

What to do? I know I'm making a fuss over a sample that's not terribly popular these days, but I sure do like it.

Thanks in advance.

Doug
Denv12

Re: RD-700** and Electric Grand (CP70/80) Samples

Post by Denv12 »

I own the RD700Sx.It has the first bank of pianos.The last bank has some variety in there too.If you need to and if you can find the SRX12 expansion board for it.Or just find a sound module thats got the sound you're looking for.I think you might find it on the Roland SD50 module:

https://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1090