Is there a way to control the "damper" on two keyboards wit

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
Siriosys

Is there a way to control the "damper" on two keyboards wit

Post by Siriosys »

Hi all,

I'm a long-time RD700SX user and have just this week added a Korg SV-1 to my rig.

I still love the Piano and Bass sounds I can get on my RD, but much prefer the Clavs and EP's on the SV-1. My playing style is such that I use my left hand to play bass lines and would dearly like to be able to control the Damper function on the SV-1 from the Roland pedal I have attached to my RD700SX. Does anybody know if this is possible over MIDI?

I would also prefer that when I play on my RD700 that the "sounds" on the SV-1 aren't played at the same time, which is what happened when simply plugged in the MIDI cable between the two keyboards.

Any help would be really appreciated as I've spent some time going backwards and forwards to the various Keyboard Forums without too much success.

Regards

Rob
korg1

Re: Is there a way to control the "damper" on two keyboards

Post by korg1 »

I don't see the reason to connect them via midi,you can still place one on the top of the other and use RD for your base and piano,and Sv for the other sounds,but there are still things you can do if this doesn't work for you:
Does SV-1 has midi functions?if it has,then all you should do is connect them via midi and use an expression pedal on sv1 so you can turn on and off the sound while playing RD.
Another way is to put Rd and sv on diferent midi channels ,so when you want to play only rd for example,go to midi channel 1 and when you want to play sv,you simply switch to midi channel you have for sv.
Third solution is to create 2 performances on rd,one for base with piano ,and one with only split base for left hand and no sound for the right,just make sure you will assign the sv's midi channel for the empty part (right hand).this way ,you will always have bass on your left hand ,while you can switch sounds on sv.

for dumper now,you don't need anything,since you will be using RD keyboard to play all the time,right?