Roland GW7 and Sonar 8.5.3 does not recognize each other...

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
voltrano

Roland GW7 and Sonar 8.5.3 does not recognize each other...

Post by voltrano »

Hi everybody,

I have Roland GW 7 and use Sonar 8.5.3 together and have some questions about recording.

I want to play and record "brass2" solo instrument (let say, this is my best favourite sound and I don't want to use a vst sound) accompanied by "cha cha" rhythm. Then I want to see the notes on the "piano roll" that I played (rhythm and solo notes together) for editing in Sonar . For this, I must record "brass2" and "cha cha" notes via midi channel (not via audio channel). This is the first fundamental issue for me. So that, I can see each note individually and make corrections I wanted. Then I want to some additions via original GW 7's sounds (for example, GW 7's accordion sound the best accordion sound for me, any vst doesn't have like GW 7's accordion sound tone, that means, I will use only and only this sound for addings) while listening my project to my work in Sonar but I can't this. This is the second fundamental issue for me unfortunately.

I can see the notes that I played with GW 7 solo "brass2" accompanied by rhythm "cha cha" (drum, bass, piano, guitar, sax etc.) each as the separate midi channels on piano roll in Sonar but can't hear them. I can hear them only when I connected my headphones with GW 7.

What would be great, if I could hear these notes in Sonar...

Are these all process possible?
voltrano

Re: Roland GW7 and Sonar 8.5.3 does not recognize each other

Post by voltrano »

Yes, all are possible... I solved these problems... I am an amateur but can now record my works like a professional. I'm very happy with Sonar and Roland GW 7... :)))