Need help with edirol pcr300

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
rutledj

Need help with edirol pcr300

Post by rutledj »

I thought I'd purchase a midi controller to play around with. I got the above but honestly don't know how to get started. I found some windows 7 (64 bit) drivers from roland and installed them. The keyboard it connected via the usb port. I can see the keyboard in the DAW (Reaper) but I can't make it produce sounds. I installed a organ vst which I can play using the virtual keyboard in Reaper. When I change the input to the pcr 300 I get nothing.

I set the input to channel 1 (even tried all channels). I'm not clear if I need the editor software that came with it but it won't load on my version of windows (only win 2000/xp) and there isn't a newer version on Roland's site.

I would appreciate any help getting started with this.

Thanks,
Rut
nocredentails

Re: Need help with edirol pcr300

Post by nocredentails »

i own the same midi controller.
I have had no problems with it, let me ask if you have seen it on your compter when it is plugged in?
It is very easy to check up on this just plug it in and then go to your controll panel and look for it.
After or if you ahve completed this step post here again and you and i will figure this out step by step.
rutledj

Post by rutledj »

Yes. i can see it fine there. I can also see it inside reaper but not sure how to assign channels or do anything else with it.
nocredentails

Post by nocredentails »

im sure that you have tried assigning it to a channel...lets say channel 4.
and then the midi out to the same chanel?
im guessing you bought it second hand?
nocredentails

Post by nocredentails »

as did i
try to see what kind of controller drivers are already on your system and try to see if the work.
check the roland sight for newer midi controllers and attempt to use thier drivers. I want to help more but past this point i have never used reaper.
rutledj

Post by rutledj »

Thanks. I went into reaper and finally got it to work kinda. I can load a vsti organ and it plays. If I load drums vsti it works but I don't know how to actually assign keys to a drum, or a pad on the controller to a drum or cymbal. Guess I'll have to dig into reaper more. Thanks.