A90 controllers

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
razeontherock

A90 controllers

Post by razeontherock »

Hi, new member here. Is there anyone still using an A90? I just got mine recently and love it, but I am having some trouble trying to understand the manual and operating it. Specifically, under the edit function the "controllers" section eludes me. The very last parameter, E32, CC reset w/ Perf, seems like it should affect the settings for the various controllers so I could switch patches and have those remain constant. As it is, every time I make a patch change, those settings change; so I wind up only using the internal sounds for piano and get everything else from outboard sound sources. That's stupid because the A90 has lots of usable sounds.

As I read and understand the manual, this parameter is edited by the zone lights that light up. I have it set so all the zones are off when the parameter comes up, which to my mind means no CC's should be reset when I change performances. (Right?)

I am also finding that my volume pedal which works fine with every other keyboard I've got including a Roland XP-60, acts more like a switch with my A90. Volume goes from 0 - 127 in such a tiny range of motion I can't control it. Is this fixed by buying a Roland EV-5/7 volume pedal?

Thanks