JunoD dead after bad flashing...

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
musiccankill

JunoD dead after bad flashing...

Post by musiccankill »

Hello..!
I have a roland JunoD which i bought as faulty from a bad flash (stop responding during flash as he said me so he had to turn it off and back on)...
Now it shows nothing on screen and it does nothing if you look at it from the outside...
It doesn't enter test mode/update mode/system version mode (it shows nothing on screen)...
Searching a little bit more in depth inside the juno with an oscilloscope, i found that when i try to enter update mode, it responds differently than all other (which all of them give the same waveform output) and when i press button 2 which should show the checksum, it responds with a new waveform and after some seconds,it goes back to its previous waveform i saw before pushing the button..If i push the button 2 again it responds the same again too...
Nothing shows on screen ofcource...
When i press button 1 (update), it changes waveforms for 4-5 seconds (such as loading something) and the it stays in a new until i send the first byte throught midi in ,when it stops showing any waves on the same pin i measured before...
I checked all pins on IC21 (16mbit flash) during sending the update and i couldn't find any moving waveforms (so i can say it writes the update inside it)...
As i already have other synths and got this to play arround alone and try to fix it, i don't want to take it to roland to check and fix it because i don't really need it and unfortunately have no money to spend on something i don't need...
I think that if i reflash it with a hardware flasher it will be ok...
But i need the bin dump of a working juno to test it...
Does anyone have it would like to help me or have any other idea what to try?!
Thanks in advance
Akis