great timing - srx-07

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
slargthorb

great timing - srx-07

Post by slargthorb »

I just got the 'ultimate keys' board and was logging on to comment on it when I noticed this new category (hence the subject line).
now on to my srx-07 comments: WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!, SHWING!, YEAH!.

Not everything is much different than what my stock fantom came with but for the improved piano, great rhodes, expressive clavs, organ selection, etc. I'm happy with the addition for sure.
there is a mellotron choir that, played within a certain couple of realistic sounding octaves, is very cool.

One drawback is they seem to have ignored the d beam controller for the most part unlike the stock fantom presets which has d beam programmed on a lot of them.

Back when the e-mu vintage keys first came out ('92?ish') and they had ads with pictures of a b-3, moogs, mellotron, rhodes and everything I totally was salivating at first but was disappointed overall after actually getting it. It came in handy for other music-making applications but as far as it being the equivalent of having all those keyboards....well.... this expansion board comes ALOT closer to having a few inspiring slices of those old keyboards. For 200 and some dollars I say that's pretty great! As long as those nukes don't start flying these days are sweet to be a keyboard player!
Red Winger

Re: great timing - srx-07

Post by Red Winger »

Hey Slargthorb,

Couldn't agree with you more. As to the D-Beam, it's very easy to edit the patch settings (and then save them to a smartmedia card) to include the D-Beam set to control filters, envelopes, mod, whatever you'd like. Just hit the "Edit" button and go to the Controllers section of the patch listing.

I've done that with a number of the B-3 settings to control the Rotary effect via my control pedal rather than the mod lever (easier for me to do when playing with 2 hands). :)

Glad you like the board. I don't think I've heard of anyone who's picked up -07 that hasn't liked the waves and patches on it.

Cheers,
RW
tapeworm

Post by tapeworm »

Howdy...
I just my F88 last week with a SRX-07. That card has got a couple of the most awsome and inspiring sounding rhodes/Ep's that I have ever heard, ...yes better than the triton studio with the ultimate keys expansion card, and better than the motif.
E.Camargo

Post by E.Camargo »

I'm speaking! I'm speaking! The SRX-07 rocks! Perhaps the most comprehensive colection of wave forms that, in my opinion, covers the essential sounds for pop works.
Organ sounds, e.p. sounds, bass sounds, electric guitar sounds, synth sounds that are very atractive for dance songs, elegant pads, the best grand piano ever sampled for use on a synthesizer, radical drums, guitar scrap, guitar cut, guitar slide, guitar slap, 4 wah-wah effects, interesting synth noises... The nylon guitar contained on this board, is wonderfull for flamenco solos... The only waist of memory is the rhythm sets! What is that!!!!!!!!!! You guys don't know how much I love patch editing!!!!!!!!!!

But hey, the SRX-07's rhythm sets is not a problem for me, once I just use my rhythm sets... And to have 32 locations for rhythm sets on Fantom-S is a great feature!

I just missed the Session's accordion. It would be a good adition to the Fantom-S's sound set...
If is there anyone that don't had the opportunity to get the SR-JV80-03/04/08/09/10 installed on their modules, get all (or almost all) of this boards in a single board...
Red Winger doesn't let me lie! This board means sound quality.

Peace - Edu Camargo