Roland APRO keyboard Ultra HARD Aftertouch

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
MikeAparicio

Roland APRO keyboard Ultra HARD Aftertouch

Post by MikeAparicio »

I recently bought an A-800 PRO keyboard induced by the Aftertouch and many controls available.

My first impression was good but when I tried AFT I found it hard as a brick! You almost need to step on it to make it work.
Reading and "Googling" made me realize there are MANY complaints about the problem.

I wonder if some folk found a way to adjust or modify the circuitry to make it work softer and smooth.

As usual, Roland support is superficial and would say "Your unit seems to be defective, etc. etc."

I tried to find schematics, as I am an electronics Engineer and could fix it but no luck so far.

Any help?
PauloF

Re: Roland APRO keyboard Ultra HARD Aftertouch

Post by PauloF »

MikeAparicio wrote:I recently bought an A-800 PRO keyboard induced by the Aftertouch and many controls available.

My first impression was good but when I tried AFT I found it hard as a brick! You almost need to step on it to make it work.
Reading and "Googling" made me realize there are MANY complaints about the problem.

I wonder if some folk found a way to adjust or modify the circuitry to make it work softer and smooth.

As usual, Roland support is superficial and would say "Your unit seems to be defective, etc. etc."

I tried to find schematics, as I am an electronics Engineer and could fix it but no luck so far.

Any help?
I have a PCR-500 and an A-800 PRO and I tend to agree that the AFT is a bit hard, but it can be adjusted in steps, so maybe you are not using the best Curve 1-4. 1 being the softer and 4 being the harder
Give it a try