SysEx message for FX in SC88ST Pro

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
stevieotomy

SysEx message for FX in SC88ST Pro

Post by stevieotomy »

Old Sound Canvas 88ST Pro - GS.

A-500 Pro controller.

I'm trying to turn on the Tremolo (or any effect) on the SC using a SysEx message from the A-500.

Based on the manual, and advice on other forums, I've entered, into the A-500 software:

F0 41 10 42 12 SS 40 03 00 01 25 S1 F7

40 03 00 should be the address for the FX, and 01 25 is Trem.

I get nothing though. I think it's supposed to use the defaults when an effect is selected, so I should at least hear some change (have tried OD, Flange, etc.)

I've used CC and SysEx messages to control "macro" effects for Reverb and Chorus (use a fader to increase the depth via CC# and use the default values for each FX) and Delay (used fader with CC for depth, but used SysEx to assign faders for Delay Time and Feedback).

I understand the other FX are "insertion" FX...but the rather cryptic examples in the manual don't seem to indicate I"m doing anything wrong - I'm following the "pattern" and just changing the values for the specific effect.

I'd be happy with just turning the Trem on and adjusting the Rate (which I see you can use a CC# to control).

Maybe I'm missing something in the A-500 (DT0, DT1, etc.???). I'm totally new at this though, so...

help?

Steve