Questions about acoustic drum libraries.

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
E.Camargo

Questions about acoustic drum libraries.

Post by E.Camargo »

Hi guys,

I'm very new to sampling, and I believe that everybody would help me very much on this thread.

With the purpose of buying some sample CDs, to expand the Fantom-s's sound library already offered, with the inclusion of the expansion boards, I guess that anything on this key could be added, or replaced, depending of our needs.
The questions are:
1. Where the drums included on the SRX-07/SR-JV80-10 are from, and if is there any audio version of this library?
2. Does the "Back Beat" have drum hits for rhythm set creation?
3. The audio CD use to have the same content of the Akai, Giga, or other sampler formats?

Thanks in advance.

Peace - Edu Camargo.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Questions about acoustic drum libraries.

Post by Artemiy »

1. SRX-07/SR-JV80-10 drums and basses came from Spectrasonics' "Bass legends" and some their drum sampling libraries, probably "Liquid grooves" or "Burning grooves".

Yes, these libraries are available as audio CDs (around $100 each).

You can view the list of their libraries and hear demos here: http://www.spectrasonics.net/libraries/index.html

2. Read in the description of the disk: http://www.spectrasonics.net/libraries/backbeat.html

3. No, audio CDs usually don't include any other data, except that sometimes WAV/audio is combined.

Artemio.
E.Camargo

Post by E.Camargo »

Thank you, Artemio.

On the Big Fish Audio's "Off the Hook" CD, each loop contains the hit drum/percussion separated.
With the rest of drum/loops CDs, does it use to be default?

Peace - Edu Camargo
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Not always.

There are many loop-only CDs, but they are not very useable.

Good drum sampling CDs include loops, with 4-8 bar variations, intros, fills and breaks, plus separate hi-hat and percussion loops, and then all the single sounds included to be able to add to taste.

Artemio.