Roland A-300 and A-500 No Longer Transmit via USB

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
SlowHand

Roland A-300 and A-500 No Longer Transmit via USB

Post by SlowHand »

Hey all,

I'm having an issue; I own a Roland A-300 and an A-500 MIDI controller and neither will transmit MIDI messages to my computer when I connect via USB.

I've owned both of them for years and they've been reliable, but one day my A-500 was no longer recognized by Ableton Live, the Apple Audio/MIDI Setup app, or through my MIDI Monitor program.

Thinking that it may be a driver issue I downloaded the latest drivers, used the uninstaller, and installed the latest drivers from Roland which are supposed to be compatible with Mac OS 10.11 or older. I'm currently running the OS 10.12, which isn't explicitly supported.

At first I thought that it was just my A-500 that had a bad USB connection, but I recently dusted off my A-300 and found that it too was not recognized, so I reckon the issue may be on the software side.

Additionally, I've tried to set up a new MIDI device in the Audio/MIDI Setup and when I try to set 'New External Device Properties' neither the A-300 or A-500 are listed as potential keyboard models to select from.

Has anyone else encountered this issue before? Did you find a solution to it? All of the Roland documentation and support on their website could not help me.