PK-5A foot controllers - transposing error

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
DannePalm

PK-5A foot controllers - transposing error

Post by DannePalm »

Hi all, new here.
I’m using a set of PK-5A foot controllers in my post-metal/doom band, connected to a Novation Bass Station 2.
I transpose a few steps to match our guitar tuning, but all of a sudden the transpose function has seized to work. I’ve always used the regular method: Poly, octave, number pedal, C and back to mono but now nothing changes. Have I disabled the transpose function somehow?
Thanks for any information.
harmonizer

Re: PK-5A foot controllers - transposing error

Post by harmonizer »

Hi, I wanted to offer another possible option, based on how I use my PK-5A: I always define any transpositions in the synth module that my PK-5A is connecting to. I usually find I am doing something non-standard in that synth module already, so adding a transposition to the other "non-standard" things I have defined in the synth module is not a problem.

This allows me to keep my PK-5A configuration as simple as possible. There is one non-standard config item I do have defined in my PK-5A, but I find it forgets its config every once in a while. I have a little white card taped to the "footpedal" side (the side the audience cannot see) which has the instructions on how to do a factory reset, and then I re-apply that one non-standard config item.