Roland RD-300GX Stage Piano (Does not turn on)

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
rbot600

Roland RD-300GX Stage Piano (Does not turn on)

Post by rbot600 »

Hi,

I have a Roland RD-300GX Stage Piano and for around about a year I have had an issue with it where I'll keep trying to turn it on, the screen will light up saying 'Roland Stage Piano' and that is as far as I get. Usually if I keep pressing the on and off button, it will eventually turn on properly and I can use it until the next time it turns off. Unfortunately, sometimes this can take hours. Does anyone have any idea what the issue maybe and how I maybe able to fix this, and also where I can source parts if needed?

Thanks,
rbot600
Silken Path

Re: Roland RD-300GX Stage Piano (Does not turn on)

Post by Silken Path »

Hi, rbot600 - If you're confident it's the power switch, what happens if you have it on and turn it on and off with an external power strip - I mean when it IS working? I'm impressed that Roland power switches get a lot of exercise and, if you put the loop in the power cord, it makes it even harder to hit the switch from the playing position.

This video shows a fellow replacing some keys on an "A" series. If you'll go full screen and look at the tilted back cover, you'll see the back of the switch and other stuff. I suppose you could replace it with a toggle switch or another push switch from the hardware store. You can also TEST whether the switch is the problem by shorting around it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwezvnqV6Z0

There are more videos available if you search for "change key roland digital piano"

Good luck with her and let us know what you find out/do to repair it. I suspect that sooner or later, my RD300nx will need the same repair.