FP90 Output Level

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
JesuJuvaOK

FP90 Output Level

Post by JesuJuvaOK »

Question:

Is the FP90 output signal level controlled by the volume slider?

Or is it just a flat level, with the Volume slider only affecting the onboard speakers and headphone output? (The manual explicitly says the Volume slider controls those two things, but does not mention the Output level.)

I love my FP90 but the speakers are LOUD. And when playing out with a big group, and a sound guy wants my volume at 80 or 90% to give good signal, then I can’t keep the onboard speakers on and have to switch them off. (For twin reasons, it’s too loud for me, and it can bleed through to my voice microphone.)

It bugs me to no end that such a nice instrument does not have separate volume controls for the onboard speakers and the output. But after reading the manual it occurred to me - what if the two levels are indeed independent and output is just flat? That would be good to know - in negotiations with sound guys :o

Anyone got any insight here?

And / or have a favorite powered DI box / pre-amp to boost to use for instruments like this to boost your signal while leaving your onboard volume at lower levels?

Thanks I’m advance!