The best SRX boards?

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
ocean

The best SRX boards?

Post by ocean »

Hi everyone,

Based on your personal experiences and opinions, which SRX boards would you get if you wanted to fill up all 4 slots?

Also, what are the reasons for your choices?

ocean
gassle

Re: The best SRX boards?

Post by gassle »

Number 1: SRX07 Best vintage sounding EPs, lovely mellotrons, some very nice VP330 choir and ARP strings, some cool analog basses, nice hammonds, good acoustic/electric basses, too. Acoustic drums are a bit dated now...

Number 2: SRX05 Superb dance/electro drums from Spectrasonics. And a few good synth bass/pads but not very much. Lots of hits and stabs... but I'm not interesed in these...

Number 3: SRX06 All classic roland orchestral sounds. Some strings sect. waves are from Peter Seidlaczek library. Some choirs (boys and gregorians too!) are from Spectrasonics library. And some nice celtic instruments. I like the harp gliss. samples.

Number 4: SRX03 Good meat and potato board. Brass, mute trumpet and flute is the star of this board I think. The guitars are not as good as Motif yet imo, though.
Somebody

Post by Somebody »

Would you say the srx07 ia better option that some of the soft/hard synths out there, like maybe the Emagic Vintage plugins?
gassle

Post by gassle »

Well, I'd prefer to go with the plugins when recording but I love many of the sounds on this board, too. The Suitcase EP is really sweat that I could prefer this to a Emagic EVP88 manytimes. The Mellotrons are not exactly like a real mellotron, kinda different, but yet very nice. Sample based vintage strings machine and choir sounds are yet the next best thing to the real thing. I think there isn't a very good software simulator for those, yet. But for bass and lead, something like PRO53 is much better I think. And Emagics EVB3 (Electric Organ) and EVD6 (Clavichord) are the ultimate solution. They are really really very good, imo.
gassle

Post by gassle »

The GMedia's M-Tron plugin is superb too! But you know FantomS and those SRX boards are in a different track... Easy of use, portability, stabilitly is the key...
E.Camargo

Post by E.Camargo »

Well, let's see.

SRX-07, is really a fantastic board.
Suitcases, organs, e. basses, synth basses, great pads, super leads, effects, and, of course, portions of the "Session" expansion board, particularly the guitar effects and... What else? The stereo consert grand!
SRX-09, 'cause my main musical purpose (radio and comercial jingles), needs more musical versatility. And y not to say, that my personal heart needs it too?

SRX-05, for many aspects... The electronic drums are killer, the tremolo guitar sound for soul music, nice strings falling, best scratchs, and a great variety of hits.
Well, the fourth board, I need to check out... Maybe I'll have to verify the Complete Orchestra, and use the sample capability of the Fantom-S for drums and aditional sounds, or maybe I go to the oppositive way... I'm very confused.

Peace - Edu Camargo
E.Camargo

Post by E.Camargo »

Hey Gassle!

Your posts made me see that I'm not too confused!

After writing my post, I saw something new... You've lighted up my ideas!

Peace - Edu Camargo
gassle

Post by gassle »

That's cool Edu!

SRX-06 is really a nice board and sampling drums, etc is much less bothersome.
E.Camargo

Post by E.Camargo »

Here is my aditional sound set:

There are some drums from the SRX-01 that I'll preserve, and some drums from the srx-07 will be replaced with the best of the "Burning Grooves".
Guitars... Guitars... "Pure Guitars" from "Yellow Tools"!
Strings... Virtuoso Series, always and 4ever!

The rest I'll see in time.

Peace - Edu Camargo
mp1

Post by mp1 »

I I would like to improve:

-soft pads
- synth brass
- guitars

which SRX boards are better?

Massimo
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Studio SRX will give you great guitars, drums, brasses and pads.

Synth brass and loads of pads can be found on Ultimate Keys.
E.Camargo

Post by E.Camargo »

And talking about SRX-03, the 5 stars sounds of this board are the jazz guitars, specially the octave sounds... And, as I've mentioned above, there are many things to keep and many things to take off from this aditional synth.

Peace - Edu Camargo
mp1

Post by mp1 »

And what about electric pianos?

Massimo
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Killer EPs that you will fall in love forever with are on "Ultimate Keys".
djkproductions

SRX Boards

Post by djkproductions »

I'm an owner of a fully blown out (4 cards) XP-60. Of course, it would've been nice had they made the same fitment, but, NOT!!! Is there an SRX card that kind of covers the full gamut of sounds on every card? ...like a mix of all cards into one?

Have A Blessed Day