What Amplification Are You Using For Your DS

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
formercakid

What Amplification Are You Using For Your DS

Post by formercakid »

It seems that the Juno DS needs to be run through a full-range amplification system (3 way speakers). I run mine through an ALTO TS110A and the sound is dull and way to bassy, not the same sound that you hear through headphones. Was wondering what members of this forum are running their DS through? Have you adjusted the Master EQ to get the best sound?.............Thx.
tomo

Re: What Amplification Are You Using For Your DS

Post by tomo »

I'm using Roland BA-330 as my personal monitor and sub-mixer for live performances with the band. My live rig consists of Roland Juno DS and Kurzweil SP4-8 at the moment. Both keyboards are connected to BA-330 with pairs of Klotz custom made cables and BA-330 is then connected to the main mixer via stereo DI box.

I'm very satisfied with the sound quality on the stage. BA-330 has more than enough power to be heard above the rest of the instruments while retaining the quality and depth. I usually put it on a monitor stand to the right of my keyboards rig. In this position you cannot hear the stereo separation to its fullest (BA-330 has one pair of three speakers integrated), but it's the most practical for me. Usually I'm keeping it's EQ flat and the master EQ on the Juno DS turned off.