Control knob issues

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
AaronPDX1

Control knob issues

Post by AaronPDX1 »

So I just want to use the control knobs as anyone reasonably would: by affecting, ie, resonance during live performance. So I move knob 1 while holding down an arpeggiated bass. Unfortunately the resonance change starts from the knob's positional value, rather than zero relative to how the patch is set up! This means there's an awkward immediate timbral change when I turn the knob even a little. This is pretty bad for live performance: unless I can match the starting position of the knob to exactly the set value of the patch, there's gonna be a crappy sound.

Is there any way to set a knob's behavior so its starting value is relative to the patch's value for the CC (in this case, CC71, Resonance)?

(On another note, how does one edit the starting value of a CC, for a given performance part?)
AaronPDX1

Re: Control knob issues

Post by AaronPDX1 »

Roland confirms the bad news:

"There is not a way to set the real time control knobs to start from the current value of a patch parameter. You can edit a Patch or Performance and set these parameters as desired (and then re-save them)."