Practical use for control pedal

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
vespina

Practical use for control pedal

Post by vespina »

I just got a new on/off pedal to use it as control pedal. I went to the system menu and configured the control pedal to perform a FAV-UP operation and I can change the current fav preset by pressing the control pedal... but... It seems to me a little pointless... why? Well. let's say I have this song that starts with piano, then have a bridge where I use a Sax sound and then go back to piano and so on (yes, I know I could use an split setup for this; is just an example).... so, I choose mi piano favorite preset, then when it comes the bridge I press the control pedal and the 2nd fav preset is activated with my sax... then I need to go back to the piano sound (the previous fav preset) but at this point all I can do is:

1. Press the control pedal NINE TIMES to cycle back to preset-1
2. Just press preset-1 with my right hand (which is EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid in the first place)

So, do you actually use the control pedal to switch patchs/favs ? If so, how do you handle this situation? wha I am missing ?
vespina

Re: Practical use for control pedal

Post by vespina »

Yes, I guess that's a dirty quick solution. In my case, most of songs requires piano only or just piano and another sound for intro / outro. There are just a bunch of them where I have to go back and forth between piano and another sound, so I guess I can use a different favorite bank for those songs.

Nevertheless, I now understand that these on/off control pedals are really meant for things like start/stop drum tracks or audio files, not for programs/fav changes. Maybe what I really need is a second keyboard (perhaps a 49 keys midi controller).

Thanks for your answer
An impractical answer but you could put your favorites in order for the song .
Fav 1 piano.
Fav 2 sax.
Fav 3 piano.
Ect...
vespina

Post by vespina »

Thanks!
LFO2020 wrote:What you need is a midi pedal that sends CC program change numbers. And midi it up with the 5 pin connector. These are around faily cheap. Like $100 used.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

LIke this one... https://amzn.to/37yySC4