"Ghost notes" with ext midi start/stop command

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
klar_kinelis

"Ghost notes" with ext midi start/stop command

Post by klar_kinelis »

I have a small problem with Juno playing few seconds of "ghost" notes from loops I record on the pad sequencer. It happens when I'm using an external midi start command. The "play" button on DS does not cause this issue.

I use tr-8 (as a master midi) which sends the commands to Juno DS (through mid Quadra Thru).

What is happening in details: After I record eg. three sample on three pads and then I press stop (send the midi stop message from tr-8). Then whatever I do, like changing the pattern sequence, or erasing all recorded loops, if I press start again (same, with command from tr-8) Juno DS plays few seconds of the last sequence. Even if it does not exist anymore. If I press stop and start again, the "ghost notes " are no more occuring, it happens only in the first shot.

I play live, recording samples on the go. This issue is a real bugger during live acts, as it sounds like a mistake, especially when I start recording new loops using a different scale...

Here is the video showing the issue I am experiencing: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/576 ... roblem.mp4

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Or is it something Roland should address in the next patch...
PauloF

Re: "Ghost notes" with ext midi start/stop command

Post by PauloF »

klar_kinelis wrote:I have a small problem with Juno playing few seconds of "ghost" notes from loops I record on the pad sequencer. It happens when I'm using an external midi start command. The "play" button on DS does not cause this issue.

I use tr-8 (as a master midi) which sends the commands to Juno DS (through mid Quadra Thru).

What is happening in details: After I record eg. three sample on three pads and then I press stop (send the midi stop message from tr-8). Then whatever I do, like changing the pattern sequence, or erasing all recorded loops, if I press start again (same, with command from tr-8) Juno DS plays few seconds of the last sequence. Even if it does not exist anymore. If I press stop and start again, the "ghost notes " are no more occuring, it happens only in the first shot.

I play live, recording samples on the go. This issue is a real bugger during live acts, as it sounds like a mistake, especially when I start recording new loops using a different scale...

Here is the video showing the issue I am experiencing: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/576 ... roblem.mp4

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Or is it something Roland should address in the next patch...
Welcome to the Clan Klar-Kinelis!

Have you tried to start your sequence from another device but the TR-8?

Can you somehow monitor the MIDI Start message coming out from the TR-8?
klar_kinelis

Post by klar_kinelis »

PauloF wrote:Welcome to the Clan Klar-Kinelis!
hehe, cheers man.

I turned off all MIDI out channels in TR-8, I turned all MIDI options in Juno (except the first, main one) still no luck. Yet the start/stop message is sent.

I haven't tried it with any other device, but I just ordered the MFB522, clone of TR808, so I wil l give it a try.
Tothead

Post by Tothead »

Can I ask, for an official reply from Roland staff? At least some proof of acknowledging it.