Juno DS USB Audio interface and midi...?

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
blafot

Juno DS USB Audio interface and midi...?

Post by blafot »

Hi.
Im not an owner of a Juno DS but I might be. Today I use a MOXF8 on stage and I need a second board so the DS seems great.

In studio at home I use my internal MOXF audio interface and it streams synth engine on 2 ch stereo L7R and also streams input L/R or mono mic to computer daw at the same time so I can record 4 Ch indipenent at the same time. Vocals do not mix with the synth engine.

How does the Juno DS work? It has audio interface over usb and a mic input... theres no info on the web (that I can find) and no answer anywhere...

So. Can i stream to my windows daw (Cubase using asio) synth L7R at the same time as I sing into Mic at a separate track for post production in DAW?

I need that cause If my MOXF is packed up for one-board-shows I need to use the Juno at home for making tracks and productions.

And... I know it can play audio tracks as backing and has a 8 bar/8 tracks pattern seq. Can i create a chain of pattern to make a song? Can I switch pattern on stage in sync to make it usefull? (I do that a lot on moxf with pattern seq)... its 16 part multitimbral... Can it play SMF (standard midi files)?

If I buy this or an other brand (maybe the korg kronos for its lin seq and audio recorder) or maybe one more yamaha... (I have 4 diffrent yamahas from DX7MK1 to MOXF8 right now... so maybe something else....).

Last Roland I owned was a JV30 in the 90:s so... The Juno is intresting but it depends on the pattern sequencer, the Audio-interface and the midifiles...

Lets say you created a song midi in daw. You only use DS audiointerface listening to synth engine playing from DAW-Midi and audio. You record vicals using DS.... Then you do not want the synthengine to be recorded together with the vocals.

Hope to get this finally answerd.
Thanx.
/M
blafot

Re: Juno DS USB Audio interface and midi...?

Post by blafot »

Ok... I got my answers from other place.