HELP! Update Juno DS

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
o carl

HELP! Update Juno DS

Post by o carl »

Hello is there anyone here ! who have update a juno ds 88? please hope someone explaining in minute details how to update the Juno DS. and how to backup ALL SETTINGS.

I have the system 1.03 in my new Juno-DS, and made as described in the manual page 18, to make a backup. with utility and back up mode.
the original-factory .bin-file are only 1KB. And SVD-file is 583 KB. The new downloaded bin-file 1.06 is 4350 KB. would backup files from factory Version 1.03 only contain 1 KB? i gues the back up dont save all settings !

Is it possible to update back to the old back up version, If something goes wrong ?. or would the synth never start up, with usb memory and press "TAP". please help me Before i try this update. ds would not start up if anything goes wrong.
I really like my new Juno DS 88. I do format a new usb 2.0 in juno ds, and go [meny] button, and [utility] and [backup]. I do get 4 mapp on usb-stick IMPORT, EXPORT; SONG all empty, and ROLAND-mapp wich contain juno.DSA.BIN-file 1kB and Juno.DSA.SVD-file 538 kB.

maybe there is operative-systemfile, burned for ever i ROM-memory(that used when we do factory reset), file we never had acess to change. and when Roland says in user guide to make a backup they mean to only save users own presets and patches and sample and system Changes we do during using juno ds.

so if I update juno DS with 1.06 i only lose and overwrite that original "user-settings" - 1.03 witch are almost notting (1kB)

gues I have to download the new 1.06 and lose and overwrite "1.03" without to save all factory settings from new. there will only be 1 kB in BIN-file

there is only one way to do backup.
press [meny] go to "utility" and press [enter] and go to" backup" and press [enter] and named juno.ds and press [enter]