JUNO DS/XPS-30 SOLUTIONS/WISHLIST

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards

Re: JUNO DS/XPS-30 SOLUTIONS/WISHLIST

Postby tomo » 17:56, 14 March 2017

I'm using this keyboard professionally as a replacement for my aging Fantom X6 which was bought third-handed and wasn't stable enough for me anymore. In most aspects, Juno DS is a fine alternative for the Fantom, but I do have a few gripes about it. Most notable flaws for me are:

1) Juno DS, unlike the Fantom X, can't import a set of samples (multisample). Instead, it can load only one sample at the time and then it stretches it across the range of the keyboard, which in most cases, leads to audible artifacts in a form of samples playing too slow or fast as soon as you step out the range of abt. 1.5 octave, which is a very small playable space. Multisampling support would have solved this issue.

2) It would be nice if one could have at least two Roland Axial expansions installed in the memory. Fantom X used SRX cards for expansion and you could have up to four of them installed and available at the same time. Since Roland Axial expansions basically contain the sounds from SRX cards, it's a shame you can use only one expansion at a time.

I'm so sorry I haven't noticed this thread earlier (I haven't visited Roland Clan for a while). I hope it's not too late for me to add my wishes for Juno DS.
tomo

Previous

Return to Juno-DS / XPS-30