I can´t believe this PART II. Save EXP not possible.

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
dievas

I can´t believe this PART II. Save EXP not possible.

Post by dievas »

Hello again.

This morning time invested in save my favorite patches from the EXP Studio that comes from the factory as standard EXP in to the user memory of my Juno DS.
Later, I´ve downloaded the EXP Dance and ALL my saved user patches are now gone.

Roland please? I can´t believe that we are not able to save in the user patch bank of the JUNO DS our (for example) favorite EXP Studio patches when other EXP is installed.....
Tothead

Re: I can´t believe this PART II. Save EXP not possible.

Post by Tothead »

Yeah, it is a limitation which sucks. I heard FA-08 can use up to two. In case of JUNO DS however I simply build up my own patches very similair using the EXP sounds I had removed, switched. Basically you download one EXP and stick to it - you can treat it like sound palette for construction of your own sounds. It works, then Juno becomes Youno ;)
AaronPDX1

Post by AaronPDX1 »

Is this true for saved Performances too?

I've built a ton of custom performances and I want to start experimenting with Axial, but if they disappear that's too big a risk. (Though i assume I can back them up in advance by saving to disk with the software Librarian... ?)
Wackienne

Post by Wackienne »

Tothead wrote:Yeah, it is a limitation which sucks. I heard FA-08 can use up to two. In case of JUNO DS however I simply build up my own patches very similair using the EXP sounds I had removed, switched.
Hmmm...I haven't had any luck with this. I saved a patch from the Axial Orchestra set as a User patch, but when I loaded in the Keys set, the User patch showed up, but it was mute. Would you have a minute to tell me what I'm missing? I'm using this primarily for performance, and want all my favourite banks loaded up.

Thanks!
joelfan

Post by joelfan »

You are trying to save patches which contains "AddedIn" waveforms. That is Ok as long as you keep those waveforms in.

It is not a software limitation. It is a hardware limitation. So it is not fixable, there's simply no room for it. You just have room for saving patches, not for saving specific patches with "AddedIn" waveforms.