Part changes using MIDI foot controller?

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards

Part changes using MIDI foot controller?

Postby AaronPDX1 » 23:40, 19 June 2017

I'd like to use my foot to switch among the 16 parts in a Performance via MIDI using, ie, a Behringer FCB1010.

Is this possible? If so, where does one assign the parameter for each part?

Or is there only the global setting for what the control pedal jack does (non-MIDI) ?
AaronPDX1

Re: Part changes using MIDI foot controller?

Postby AaronPDX1 » 06:00, 24 July 2017

For the record, it looks like this is possible through this setting:

Performance Control Channel

Specifies the MIDI receive channel on which MIDI messages (program change/bank select) from an external MIDI device will be received by the JUNO-DS to switch performances. Choose “OFF” setting if you don’t want
performances to be switched from a connected MIDI device.
1–16, OFF

Haven't got a foot controller to try with yet. Anyone else?
AaronPDX1

Re: Part changes using MIDI foot controller?

Postby AaronPDX1 » 04:45, 30 August 2017

So (as I continue to talk to myself ; ) I bought an FCB-1010 MIDI foot controller. It's a beast so I haven't programmed it yet. In fact it's so large that it doesn't allow comfortable use of a music stand.

So, I'd really like a simpler pedal solution, for sustain, volume, expression and patch changes.

RE: the last item, the 'Pedal' setting (Menu/System) allows moving up or down the patch change or performance change (depending on mode you're in -- page 33 of Parameter Guide). But I see no way to move among patches within a performance, which seems like a woeful omission! Am I missing something, folks? All you masses who are reading this?
AaronPDX1

Return to Juno-DS / XPS-30