Vox organ on DS? (And how to use Axial downloads)

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
AaronPDX1

Vox organ on DS? (And how to use Axial downloads)

Post by AaronPDX1 »

Want to do a Paul Revere & Raiders cover. What patch comes closest to a Vox Continental organ?

Or do I need to custom load an Axial library? (DS_EXP-02, Keys, may cover it: http://axial.roland.com/articles/exp-02 ... ection-ds/)

Relatedly, what does one sacrifice (from the default sounds) by loading in an Axial library? How does this mess up any custom performances one has made?

Also, Sweetwater's product description says "The JUNO-DS88's wave expansion slot comes preloaded with the versatile EXP-06 Studio Collection to get you started." Is this true? I bought mine used and it appears to be preloaded with the 'EXP-04 Concert Piano' collection.
anotherscott

Re: Vox organ on DS? (And how to use Axial downloads)

Post by anotherscott »

The DS has plenty of organ sounds you can check out, including ones labeled 60s. There are some in the GM bank, too. If you don't find anything you like, EXP-06 Studio has a patch called Voxx Organ; EXP-02 Keys has a lot of organs, including one called Continental, and some other transistor organ sounds.
AaronPDX1 wrote:Relatedly, what does one sacrifice (from the default sounds) by loading in an Axial library? How does this mess up any custom performances one has made?
Loading an Axial library has zero impact on any default sounds or any custom sounds you've made that didn't, themselves, includes other Axial sounds.
AaronPDX1 wrote:Also, Sweetwater's product description says "The JUNO-DS88's wave expansion slot comes preloaded with the versatile EXP-06 Studio Collection to get you started." Is this true? I bought mine used and it appears to be preloaded with the 'EXP-04 Concert Piano' collection.
It doesn't matter. It could be loaded with whatever someone put there, and you can change it any time.
AaronPDX1

Re: Vox organ on DS? (And how to use Axial downloads)

Post by AaronPDX1 »

Very late thanks for your reply, anotherscott! :)