Juno DS 61 with Boss FV-500-L Expression Pedal

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Recorder

Juno DS 61 with Boss FV-500-L Expression Pedal

Post by Recorder »

Dear all,

I had a gig last saturday first time using the DS 61. All in all it was quite ok even though, based on my experiences of that evening, I still have to do some sound adjustments to get some sounds to cut through more etc...

One thing that really upset me was the mailfunction of the Expression Pedal (Boss FV-500-L) during some songs that evening. I have used the Roland EV-5 in the past (used it with a Roland VK-7), to my eyes that pedal is absolute rubbish that's why I decided to go for another pedal.

I have been using a Yamaha FC7 for the last 15 years for my Yamaha Motifs and still are absolutely amazed. I looked for some solid pedals and decided for the Boss. I did all the necessary programming of changing sounds via the pedal and saved all my settings. But sometimes when switching from one Patch to another Patch or a Performance there was a mailfunction that way that the affected Patch to be faded in or out did not react or was absolutely silent from the moment I switched to the new sound. When I switched Power off and on again, everything worked like it should but this is not a reliable solution at all. I now want to try to use FC7 with changed polarity (knowing that the poti is 50kO) and also want to try the M Audio EX-P which I fear is rubbish as well. Do you have any remarks/hints on a reliable solid built expression pedal ready to use for the DS? Answers welcome...

rgds

Heiko
Recorder

Re: Juno DS 61 with Boss FV-500-L Expression Pedal

Post by Recorder »

Dear all,

So I am going to share my experiences with the new Expression Pedal with you. I had exactly the same issues (some silent Patches when switching from one Performance to another) with the M Audio EX-P. So no difference between the Boss and the M Audio.
BUT
I figured out how to solve it:
I switched off the Patch Remain (Key Touch -> Sound -> Patch Remain OFF) and the issue with silent Patches within a Performance (during switching from one Performance to another ) disappeared immediately.
Maybe this could be of help for somebody else.
rgds
Heiko