Performance program changes via MIDI

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Uncle Charlie

Performance program changes via MIDI

Post by Uncle Charlie »

Hi,
I just picked up a Juno DS61 and I'm trying to automate all the changes I need for a gig using MIDI through Ableton and I'm having issues.

I figured out how to change factory patches and my user saved patches, but the custom splits and dual patches are saved in perform mode and though I can save them, I can't figure out how to program them to change.

I hope that makes sense. I can automate changes of individual patches using program change, but I can't figure out how to automate split or dual settings I've saved.

Thanks!
Recorder

Re: Performance program changes via MIDI

Post by Recorder »

You would have to send a SysEx String pls find below from another post i just quoted...

by pgreco » 00:08, 15 March 2017

I got the answer from the folks at Roland. Search for "Sound Mode" in the MIDI Implementation Guide as mentioned above (on page 21).

This can put the Juno DS into any of the following modes:
PATCH , PERFORM, GM1, GM2, GS

These are numbered 0 through 4, i.e.:

PATCH=00
PERFORM=01
GM1=02
GM2=03
GS=04

In the following SysEx message, replace <MODE> with the desired 2-digit code, above.

F0
3A
<MODE>
7E (Checksum)
F7

You can follow the SysEx command with the appropriate MSB/LSB/PC values to switch to the desired patch/performance etc (see the table starting at the bottom of page 1 of the MIDI implementation guide).
pgreco

unquote
rgds
H
Uncle Charlie

Re: Performance program changes via MIDI

Post by Uncle Charlie »

Thank you!