Part Select via Program Change in Performance Mode

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Recorder

Part Select via Program Change in Performance Mode

Post by Recorder »

Dear all,
I am trying to optimize my setup.
One thing I haven't figured out yet is to send a Program Change Message to the Juno DS to select a Part within a Performance. Is there a way to achieve this?
For example I send a SysEx String to the Juno DS to switch it into Performance Mode
F0411000003A1201000000017EF7
MSB 085
LSB 000
Program 010
This Performance consist of several Parts. Is it possible to send a Program Change Message to directly get to Part 2 instead of using the Pad buttons within a Performance to toggle between the Parts?
I am really looking for some advice
rgds
Heiko
anotherscott

Re: Part Select via Program Change in Performance Mode

Post by anotherscott »

Every Part in a Performance has a MIDI receive channel you can enable... I would think you could do what you want just by sending a Program Change on that channel...? (There's also a Receive Program Change parameter that you'd have to make sure is on.)
jsal

Post by jsal »

Hey Heiko (@Recorder),

did you ever resolve your issue? I have the exact same circumstance. I would like to send midi messages to select a user performance for live playing (done!) but also select the phrase pad/channel (this is the part I need help with!). Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated.

regards, jsal
anotherscott2022

Post by anotherscott2022 »

Program Change commands don't do anything except change Programs.

Two possible ways to address this:

Create a new Performance that is essentially a duplicate of the one you want, except that it is designed to have the sound you want come up first, and use your Program Change command to select that version of the Performance instead.

or see if there is a sysex part select parameter in the MIDI Implementation docs, and if so, send that sysex.
jsal

Post by jsal »

Thank you... yes, I think that might be the only way... but will work.
vespina

Post by vespina »

I also have the exact same situation and haven't found a solution so far either.