Juno DS OS2!

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Hermax

Juno DS OS2!

Post by Hermax »

yannleo

Re: Juno DS OS2!

Post by yannleo »

Wow it'great to have multi-sample added. I am wondering if this update can be used on XPS30?
AaronPDX1

Post by AaronPDX1 »

Wahoo!!!
tomo

Post by tomo »

Simply, WOW! This update would bring everything that I miss from Fantom X, which I was using before switching to Juno DS. Many thanks to OP for posting that link. Can't wait!
joelfan

Post by joelfan »

Still no sign of it.

When is it planned?
tomo

Post by tomo »

Since they wrote the update is scheduled to be released in February, I'm hoping it will be out these days. But then again, the last news about it was from January 25th, so we might wait longer. :(
yannleo

Post by yannleo »

The purpose of releasing this upgrade is to bring new sales. It is not important to publish in time for those who have purchased the product.
tomo

Post by tomo »

If their goal is only to attract new buyers, why did they bother to "specify" the release date then? They've could simply announce the update is comming and it's features. The fact they've did mentioned the time could mean the update is almost ready to be released and it would be published in the next few weeks. Personally, I'm hoping that is the case as my gig season starts this week and those missing features this update brings would be handy to have at last. :)
yannleo

Post by yannleo »

tomo wrote:If their goal is only to attract new buyers, why did they bother to "specify" the release date then? They've could simply announce the update is comming and it's features. The fact they've did mentioned the time could mean the update is almost ready to be released and it would be published in the next few weeks. Personally, I'm hoping that is the case as my gig season starts this week and those missing features this update brings would be handy to have at last. :)
yeah, what I mean is Roland doesn't think it's so important to publish in time. Maybe it's just a management problem. Maybe the person in charge of the project is busy doing something else for the time being.
tomo

Post by tomo »

yeah, what I mean is Roland doesn't think it's so important to publish in time. Maybe it's just a management problem. Maybe the person in charge of the project is busy doing something else for the time being.
I agree. Being such large corporation mean they can delay the release as they've see fit, however I'm hoping they'll publish it soon due to the fact they've mentioned some specific timeframe.
Deja Morison

Post by Deja Morison »

tomo

Post by tomo »

I have just installed the update and ran a few quick tests, so a couple of words.

First of all, I had no trouble updating the OS. I've followed instructions to the letter and previously made a full backup both using Librarian 1.0 and Juno DS itself. However, all my custom patches and performances and other settings remained intact after the update.

After the update, I've installed the new Editor and Librarian. I must say the program looks stunning and it's a real powerhouse, however the manual that ships with it, was't very heplful for me so far. Multisampling is a new feature that interest me the most, so I've tried making a multisample and a patch using that multisample. It took me quite some time to get the hang of if, but I think I've figured it out at last. It would be great though if Roland tech support team would make a few instruction videos about OS 2.0 and the new editor in the near future.

Maybe it's a bit too early for big words, but it seems this update really brought almost everything that Juno DS initially lacked in comparison to Fantom X, at least in my book. :)
Deja Morison

Post by Deja Morison »

I found out that there is about 55 Mb memory area for user samples. Very nice!
Roland did not specify this data, so I did an experiment, I load sample by sample until I get "Memory full" message.