Juno DS Newbie sample import question

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Zeebie

Juno DS Newbie sample import question

Post by Zeebie »

Hi , am having a lot of trouble using the sample import feature every time I try and load a sample wave stored on the memory stick (no matter what sample) it brings up the message 'incorrect file' However I did manage to load one sample yesterday but when I played it back on the keyboard you could barely hear it because there was a wash of white noise over it ...any help advice much appreciated
Michael Anders

Re: Juno DS Newbie sample import question

Post by Michael Anders »

Your Wave has correct Format? It should be 44,1 khz and 16bit.
Zeebie

Post by Zeebie »

Yes all of them are 44.1KHZ & 16 bit
klausmaria

Post by klausmaria »

I'm experiencing the same issues, even with samples extracted from SF2 with the Tone Manager.

Are you using a Mac? I'm suspecting my DS has trouble reading files written from a Mac but is just a suspicion.
Leokuma

Post by Leokuma »

It works fine for me. I use Windows 7 and my Juno is updated with system version 2.0.
haytr01

Post by haytr01 »

Question, I have had success with most .wav samples Ive created, however I recorded a synth sound and saved it as .wav per the parameter requirements 44.1/16, I can get the sample into the DS, and it shows up, it will not play. The screen is responding to the keytouch, but there is just no sound at all. All other sounds are fine when I scroll through, just not this one that I recorded. To recap what I did, I isolated a synth sound from a song, initially was .mp3, cropped it and saved it as .wav. Within tone manager, the file is there, and I can preview it on my PC in tone manager. Its only not working in the DS, was wondering if there is something in tone manager that I need to set? Or maybe I should not start with an MP3?

Thanks for the help. If I figure this out, I will post a solution.
Greg