Patchland for Juno DS / XPS 30

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
vespina

Patchland for Juno DS / XPS 30

Post by vespina »

Could be possible to create a place where we can share our user patchs and performances for Juno DS / XPS 30? Of course those patchs would have to be created using only internal waves (INTA or INTB) and the performances should contain only patchs based on internal waves (no expansion pack patchs/waves), but I think it could be a greate place to find and upload new sounds.

What do you think ?
vespina

Re: Patchland for Juno DS / XPS 30

Post by vespina »

Yes, It seems that I may have to start something like that... so far I am just getting used to my kb (I just got it a couple of months ago), so don't have any patchs or performances to share yet, but eventually I will do and then I may start that sharing site.

Its just that I found amazing that is almost impossible to find custom patchs/performances for such a popular kb like this one.
mnca

Post by mnca »

I think its a great idea. This keyboard is very customizable and would love to see how others way more talented than me could tweak and create patches. For example I recently downloaded an enhanced grand pno ds someone created and it sounds much better than the stock one.
vespina

Post by vespina »

Exactly!!
jpapas

Post by jpapas »

mnca wrote:For example I recently downloaded an enhanced grand pno ds someone created and it sounds much better than the stock one.
Care to share?
Sareks

Post by Sareks »

Hi, are there any updates regarding Roland Juno DS "patches sharing" yet? I'd be happy to see a revival of this thread. Also have some patches I would like to share. Thank you
mnca

Post by mnca »

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything. I feel like your best bet would be to create an individual thread for the patches or samples you would like to share, and upload them to something like Google drive or Dropbox, atleast for the time being. I would love to hear your samples!
Alreadyinuse

Post by Alreadyinuse »

I would love to be part of a group that learns about creating patches (and sharing). I am a new JunoDS owner and I have not been able to find anything other than Roland's Ed Diaz tutorial where he shares making a punchy brass performance patch. I know this is an art but it's also a skill that can be learned. I have been trying for the last hour to create a punchy, big band type patch and I feel like I am beating my head against the wall trying to reinvent the wheel. So I am an eager and interested volunteer.
vespina

Post by vespina »

mnca wrote: 14:40, 9 June 2021 Unfortunately I haven't seen anything. I feel like your best bet would be to create an individual thread for the patches or samples you would like to share, and upload them to something like Google drive or Dropbox, atleast for the time being. I would love to hear your samples!
I think this is a good idea... I can create a shared folder on Google Drive so everyone can upload their patches there. I will get this started with a couple of patchs/performances of my own and see what happens from there.
Alreadyinuse

Post by Alreadyinuse »

I will be glad to share what I've made.
vespina

Post by vespina »

Just created a dual performance using PF078 FM EP MIX and PFS08 80's FM... and call me crazy but it sounds to me like something fairly close to the famous Yamaha DX7 EPIANO1... try it and let me know what do you think.
mnca

Post by mnca »

Sounds great! Great job
Sareks

Post by Sareks »

vespina wrote: 05:19, 28 July 2021 Just created a dual performance using PF078 FM EP MIX and PFS08 80's FM... and call me crazy but it sounds to me like something fairly close to the famous Yamaha DX7 EPIANO1... try it and let me know what do you think.
Hi, where can I find these downloads? Thanks
Alreadyinuse

Post by Alreadyinuse »

Ah. The elusive Yamaha DX7 electric piano sound. I barely remember it but this sounds close. Well done.
Here is a piano sound I have been using through my Bose L1Pro 8 amplifier. I have a hard time being satisfied with piano sounds on these keyboards unless I listen through headphones. This works so far for me if I have the Bose bass turned down a notch and the treble up a couple of settings.

Layered patch, velocity light:
1) PFS01 - 88 Stage Grand Vol 100
2) PF12 - Concert Grand Vol 86
3) PF13 - Warm Tune Vol 61

Let me know if you have some other suggestions for improvement. Everybody's ears are slightly different.
mnca

Post by mnca »

Awesome, I amped up the reverb quite a bit to give it even more depth and it sounds great!