Octave

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Sir Alf

Octave

Post by Sir Alf »

Hi,
I am using some PC software which sends midi instruments to the Juno DS, but I need to change the octave of just one of the parts, because some of the notes I need to play are the same as notes from another instrument ( part). Trouble is when I do this all the other parts change as well. Is it possible?
Simon
Sir Alf

Re: Octave

Post by Sir Alf »

PS The software I'm using is Synthesia
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

Sir Alf wrote: 14:53, 26 March 2021I am using some PC software which sends midi instruments to the Juno DS, but I need to change the octave of just one of the parts, because some of the notes I need to play are the same as notes from another instrument ( part). Trouble is when I do this all the other parts change as well. Is it possible?
You can't really send "MIDI instruments" to the Juno DS... you can send audio to the Juno DS, and you can send MIDI to the Juno DS (which will play using the instrument sounds already resident in the Juno DS). So I'm not sure exactly what you're doing here. But if you're using the Juno DS to trigger external sounds over MIDI and need to change the octave of just one of numerous sounds, the first thing is to make sure each sound is on its own MIDI channel, that's a prerequisite for doing something over MIDI that will affect one sound but not another. Maybe that helps?
Sir Alf

Post by Sir Alf »

Thanks for your reply. I do understand how the PC sends midi data and not instruments to the keyboard. However I still don't understand how I can solve my other problem, hence my post. Can you help?
Sir Alf

Post by Sir Alf »

Thanks but I've tried that but all other parts change octaves even though I only alter one part.