Juno DS Pattern Sequenzer/Loop without Quantization (Bug!?)

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Tastenbabbler

Juno DS Pattern Sequenzer/Loop without Quantization (Bug!?)

Post by Tastenbabbler »

Hello!

I hope someone knows about the Juno DS.

I just want to record live loops in the pattern sequencer, but it doesn't really want to.

Goal: Play button is active the whole time, so the thing runs and then I record more and more tracks - so press the record button if necessary.

1.) What is the difference between "Count in: Wait Note" and "Off"? Theoretically, that's clear to me, but in practice the Juno waits for the note to be entered in both settings before recording.

2.) The real problem: If I switch off the quantization, then press play and then record (can also press record first and then play, the problem remains) and want to start with counting time 1, the recording stops immediately and then gives a small " Beep ", fraction of the tone I played at 1 again, leaving the rest blank. If I only start after the 1, it continues to the next 1 (only make 1 bar recordings).

Now it gets tricky: If I turn on the quantization, at least up to 80% at 16th then it allows me to start on the 1 and does not break off. If I regulate the percent further down or go with the quantization to 32nd - zack -, it breaks off again from the 1.

Is that a Feature I just dont understand?!

Feels more like a bug to me - I still have a few days money back guarantee.

I am grateful for any help!

dearest greetings
M.