Trying to send a PC message from midi to DAW with ext pedal

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
jackmuta

Trying to send a PC message from midi to DAW with ext pedal

Post by jackmuta »

This one's a little bit of a doozy. But I am trying to use an external midi controller (the FCB1010 from behringer) connected through 5 pin midi to the Juno DS to send a PC midi message, which is passed through the Juno to my computer/DAW. My Juno is connected through USB to use as a midi controller, but the 5 pin only connects the FCB1010 and my DS. I know the simple solution is to just connect the FCB1010 to my audio interface directly, however the interface I use for live performance does not have 5 pin midi connections.

I've confirmed that the pedal is sending the PC change messages correctly, yet I can't get the Juno to pass the midi directly through to my computer. I've turned the "soft through" option on and also tried switching off "Local Switch" which seems to get me part of the way there, as then my DAW will start getting more midi messages from my Juno other than Midi note on/off and certain CC controls (but this involves using the dial or pressing buttons with my hands defeating the purpose of the foot switch). Right now it seems at best the Juno will respond to FCB1010 messages itself, but I haven't been able to get it to respond with a patch/performance change that also sends a PC command to the computer. Ideally, I would be able to send all midi messages from the FCB1010 pedal straight through to the DAW unaltered by way of the Juno's USB connection, but at this point I'm just trying to find a way to get any non-note message from the FCB1010 to result in a non-note message sent by the Juno to my DAW.

Sorry if the explanation is confusing, but hopefully someone here can help me out.