Juno DS and Ableton Live

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
fireharmonics

Juno DS and Ableton Live

Post by fireharmonics »

Hey guys!
I use Ableton live and have a Juno DS 88 which is work nice with... But I can't use sliders , knobs and pads in Ableton live.
The midi data sends to Ableton without problem but there is no address for them. I mean I can't tweak anything with knobs using Midi map. Especially I can't use my expression pedal with audio effects in audio tracks like guitar amps that have a wah pedal. I want to connect my expression as a midi to a effect plugin to use it as a wah or volume pedal...

P.s: exp pedal and hold pedal work fine with midi tracks that have a VSTi plugin.
Asoyini

Re: Juno DS and Ableton Live

Post by Asoyini »

fireharmonics wrote: 07:43, 21 February 2022 Hey guys!
I use Ableton live and have a Juno DS 88 which is work nice with... But I can't use sliders , knobs and pads in Ableton live.
The midi data sends to Ableton without problem but there is no address for them. I mean I can't tweak anything with knobs using Midi map. Especially I can't use my expression pedal with audio effects in audio tracks like guitar amps that have a wah pedal. I want to connect my expression as a midi to a effect plugin to use it as a wah or volume pedal...

P.s: exp pedal and hold pedal work fine with midi tracks that have a VSTi plugin.
You have to assign the knobs, pads and sliders to send the applicable Midi commands via the DAW control menu settings on the Juno DS. Make sure Sync is On in both the Juno DS and Ableton Live.

To my understanding, you can't use an Expression pedal sending Midi CC data to control an audio track.