MIDI SYSEX command to enable / disable DS61 ARP

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
mchrysoc

MIDI SYSEX command to enable / disable DS61 ARP

Post by mchrysoc »

I believe I've read every post about this topic but haven't yet found an answer to the question, "has anyone successfully used a MIDI SYSEX command to enable / disable the ARP function?" If so, please share the hex string (F0 41 10 00 00 3A......) including checksum calculation.

Thanks in advance!
mchrysoc

Re: MIDI SYSEX command to enable / disable DS61 ARP

Post by mchrysoc »

OK, I think I've got it. The attached list of SYSEX commands allow all the parameters of the ARP to be enabled / disabled and configured. What was throwing me was that the ARP indicator light on the Juno DS-61 doesn't turn on even though you've enabled it with MIDI. So I'm (1) enabling/configuring the ARP with 9 SYSEX messages, then (2) switching to the correct patch/performance.

In the attached image the SYSEX message is in green for each parameter, the checksum is in yellow. If there is only a single digit in the column like "F" or "5", it's appropriate format is "0F" or "05" (preceded by a zero, this is an Excel formatting issue). The blue cells are the values for the individual parameters. They are in decimal in the MIDI manual so you need to convert them to HEX and use that value in the SYSEX command.

Let me know if this works for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8zg5ldolrkmq ... s.jpg?dl=0