Juno DS Pattern Help

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
jrasche2003

Juno DS Pattern Help

Post by jrasche2003 »

First- I’m new to synths and programming so please bare with me.

My band is playing Fantasy by Aldo Nova. I am the lead vocalist and an ok keyboard player. I’m finding great difficulty in singing while doing the keyboard chording riff.

I thought maybe what I could do is make it a pattern so that once my band gets to that part I can hit the pattern key to play it. Would that work?

I did try to program it but it will only allow me to do 1,2,4 or 8 measures when I use 4/4. But the keys part is maybe 3 measures. So what I ended up with was 3 measures of the key chord pattern then a measure of silence. That won’t work when looping as it needs to continue the pattern with no breaks.

Any help would be appreciated!
Asoyini

Re: Juno DS Pattern Help

Post by Asoyini »

jrasche2003 wrote: 18:40, 19 March 2022 First- I’m new to synths and programming so please bare with me.

My band is playing Fantasy by Aldo Nova. I am the lead vocalist and an ok keyboard player. I’m finding great difficulty in singing while doing the keyboard chording riff.

I thought maybe what I could do is make it a pattern so that once my band gets to that part I can hit the pattern key to play it. Would that work?

I did try to program it but it will only allow me to do 1,2,4 or 8 measures when I use 4/4. But the keys part is maybe 3 measures. So what I ended up with was 3 measures of the key chord pattern then a measure of silence. That won’t work when looping as it needs to continue the pattern with no breaks.

Any help would be appreciated!
You can trigger the 3 measure pattern as a sample when in Performance Mode. Record it as a 16 bit 44.1khz Wav file using a DAW. Then import it in to the Juno DS. Assign it to a pad (or a key) and then trigger it as needed. You can make it loop automatically by pressing the assigned pad + loop button. You can also use the audio player to trigger the sample and make it loop but it will play at a fixed tempo. Here is a video that can help you out

https://youtu.be/0NMwdzG0LJk
jrasche2003

Post by jrasche2003 »

Thank you for responding. I’ll take a look at this. Is there a reason why I can’t do 3 measures? Am I missing something?
Asoyini

Post by Asoyini »

jrasche2003 wrote: 16:22, 26 March 2022 Thank you for responding. I’ll take a look at this. Is there a reason why I can’t do 3 measures? Am I missing something?
No you aren't missing anything. The pattern sequencer on the Juno DS is limited to only being able to record in either 1 bar, 2 bar, 4 bar or 8 bar patterns.
jrasche2003

Post by jrasche2003 »

Thank you again!