MIDI Patch changes on DS with Setlist Maker

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
SHAcoustic

MIDI Patch changes on DS with Setlist Maker

Post by SHAcoustic »

I've been getting Setlist Maker working with my Juno DS88 using the Roland MIDI spec and mostly have everything figured out with Mode changes and patch changes. However, one thing is still very unusual. When trying to change to a Performance, my codes entered in the MIDI preset get me to that performance, but it also ends up changing the Part #1 to another random patch. I thought maybe it was the fact that my MIDI receive channel was also #1 for the Juno, so I changed it to Ch 5, but that didn't make any difference. Then Roland tech support told me that I could turn off the response on each Part to receiving Patch Changes, which solves the problem.

This is not ideal, though, since I have to remember to do it for every Performance created and, plus, there is just nothing in my MIDI codes I entered on SLM that tells me why it would affect one Part in a Performance.

Does anyone have any further thoughts on this?

-Steve
Fretzkey1

Re: MIDI Patch changes on DS with Setlist Maker

Post by Fretzkey1 »

Steve you are farther along than I am with SLM and midi messages. If you can explain how you are transmitting the mode changes and patch changes I can duplicate the process and see what I get. I went through the midi implementation manual and kept getting unpredictable and unrepeatable results.

Right now I am pushing buttons on the JUNO to have it already in Performance Mode and tabbed over to User Performance and I just use SLM to transmit the number for the performance I want.

Maybe if I follow the path you are on I can play around with it some I can come up with something.

Dan
Lasido

Re: MIDI Patch changes on DS with Setlist Maker

Post by Lasido »

Maybe there is a conflict with the performance set channel. If I remember well in reading is that the Juno DS performances are set to channel 16 by default What I do is always save my performances to channel 16. When I program my midi controller, I set it to call out a particular performance on channel 16. Never had an issue with having another part being replaced by some random part. Hope that helps. Cheers