Assigning Patches to Midi channels

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
bkdbnmstr

Assigning Patches to Midi channels

Post by bkdbnmstr »

Hi All
I'm going absolutely mad on this one. I'm trying to use my DS88, as a standalone synth but using a software sequencer as I do not like the bult in one. I've tried two apps cubase and now bandlab. I can get one midi track working with one sound, but when I try another midi track for a second sound/instrument/patch, it just won't work. I don't want to use vstis or samples built in the programme. I want to use all 16 channels for different sound parts to create some masterpieces, using the one keyboard.
In the old days I had an atari with cubase and then three keyboards daisy chained and that worked fine.
I have looked for hours on youtube, with no prevail.
How does one assign a patch or performance to a midi channel?
Thanks
anotherscott2022

Re: Assigning Patches to Midi channels

Post by anotherscott2022 »

bkdbnmstr wrote: 00:14, 16 November 2022 How does one assign a patch or performance to a midi channel?
A patch by itself does not get assigned to a MIDI channel, it plays on the board's assigned channel (the "Patch Rx/Tx Ch" patameter).

A Performance consists of 16 Patches, by default each on their own MIDI channel (but you can choose to put multiple patches on the same MIDI channel). The patch Type, Number, and Category parameters let you specify which Patch is used in each of the 16 Parts, while the "Rx Channel" lets you specify the MIDI receive channel for each of the 16 Parts. These parameters are all found on page 21 of the Parameter Guide.
bkdbnmstr

Post by bkdbnmstr »

OK thanks, will give it a bash
bkdbnmstr

Post by bkdbnmstr »

Yes! A success... Thank you