Sending Patch/Performance changes DS61

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Darug2290

Sending Patch/Performance changes DS61

Post by Darug2290 »

I have for the last 2 years been using a Komplete S49 Keyboard Controller and Imact LX49+. I was using it with Mainstage (on My M1 Macbook Pro 8/512) and originally Onsong on my iPad. I dropped onsong due to it's high price and lack of compatibility with Smartphones and Computers. I converted to Linkesoft Songbook which was quite good. I purchased Gig Performer as I heard it was less resource intensive than Mainstage. It was working well, but recently have been having issues on some patches, and I have followed the advice (other than buying a 16GB unit) from GP.
Linkesoft crashed on me, so I am now using Bandhelper.
On Saturday, I purchased a Roland DS61, and it is communicating with Gig Performer. EG I have it assigned Midi In and Midi Out, and I have Trackbout Chord Trigger working. Yes, Step 1 completed. :)

I am however, trying to send a Program change from GP to my Roland, but it doesn't recognise the correct patch, if at all. Maybe I don't have the correct parameters.
EG the sheet I have is 88stageGrand is MSB87 LSB61 PC1. I have put that to activate but that doesn't seem to recognise.

What is the correct sheet guide for parameters?

Also, what I would like to know is how to activate Performance Patches (so I can 5 different sounds instead of one).
vespina

Re: Sending Patch/Performance changes DS61

Post by vespina »

You can download the JunoDS MIDI Implementation guide from here:
https://www.roland.com/global/support/b ... ae13864e8/

That said, is not an easy reading. The easiest way is to use a MIDI Monitor app, then perform the action you need on your JunoDS and then copy all the MIDI messages that appeared on the MIDI Monitor.
Darug2290

Post by Darug2290 »

I found even just looking at the patch EG PI:S01, I can cross reference and locate that the following is where to change it MSB87 LSB 73 PC1 (or in my case PC0). I have also found success with Midi Monitor as well
Fretzkey1

Post by Fretzkey1 »

I have sadly had to give up trying to understand the ancient midi texts (due to time limitations and a lack of teaching resources).
Buuuut, I have found success running Camelot on my iPad and linking via USB. I have maybe 20 performances made to order (with various splits, layers, etc) loaded into the DS-61 and as I scroll through the setlist it loads each one.
I also use it to control my Pod GO while performing, I have about eight to ten guitar patches for different songs.
Camelot's tech support is very good.
OK that's it I'll get off my soapbox now!
Dan
vespina

Post by vespina »

Fretzkey1 wrote: 12:47, 18 June 2023 I have sadly had to give up trying to understand the ancient midi texts (due to time limitations and a lack of teaching resources).
Buuuut, I have found success running Camelot on my iPad and linking via USB. I have maybe 20 performances made to order (with various splits, layers, etc) loaded into the DS-61 and as I scroll through the setlist it loads each one.
I also use it to control my Pod GO while performing, I have about eight to ten guitar patches for different songs.
Camelot's tech support is very good.
OK that's it I'll get off my soapbox now!
Dan
CamelotPro is a hell of an app. Congrats!