JUNO DS, how do you get rotary speaker effect ?

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
scottwolf12

JUNO DS, how do you get rotary speaker effect ?

Post by scottwolf12 »

Hello, I got a Juno ds 76, a few months back,Im an old guy and it took me a while but I finally got it mostly figured out. Problem is how do you assign the rotary effect to an individual sound in performance mode setup using super layer edit . I have a layered performance program with pianos and strings, but I also have an organ sound as the 4 layer, I want to assign the rotary effect to just the organ when I hit the modulation lever. I have an old Yamaha S70 SX and you can do it on that one. Maybe the juno ds does not have this function. Does anybody know? Thanks in advance... Scott
vespina

Re: JUNO DS, how do you get rotary speaker effect ?

Post by vespina »

Rotary is applied via MFX... but working with performances you have some thing to take into account:

1) Each patch can have one FX associated to it (for example, rotary effect).
2) A performance can support up to 3 FX at the same time (MFX1, MFX2, MFX3)
3) When you add patch to a performance, if that patch uses a FX, the part is automatically assigned to one of the 3 performance's MFX and the MFX is automatically configured to mimic the path's FX. For example, if you assign an organ with rotary FX to part1 of an initialized performance, part1 will be assigned to MFX1 and this MFX would be programmed with the same rotary effect the patch has.
4) By default, an initialized performance use an MFX Structure type 08, which means that only MFX1 and MFX2 are available for parts and MFX3 is used for the entire performance (check Page 24 of the Parameters Guide).
5) When you ran out of available MFXs, any other FX-based patch that you add to the performance will loose its FX part. So, for example, if you have a performance with Type 08 and you had a piano and some strings for parts 1 & 2, then both MFX1 and MFX2 will be already assigned; if you know add an organ patch with rotary effect to part3, the organ will loose the rotary effect because there is no more available MFX.
6) You can change the performance's structure type to Type 01 so you can have up to 3 FX-base parts, but if you add a 4th patch with FX, that part will loose the FX parameters.

Bottom line: you have to make sure that you don't use more than 3 FX-based patches in the same performance, because otherwise you will loose part the patch sound due to lack of MFXs.
scottwolf12

Re: JUNO DS, how do you get rotary speaker effect ?

Post by scottwolf12 »

Thanks Vespina, I will try again tomorrow night