How to Sample help please

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
o_carrera5

How to Sample help please

Post by o_carrera5 »

So I got a new brand XPS 30 so I want to improve my sounds,libraries,etc.... Im very confused I have never used such a difficult synthesizer.....

Well I have the samples ready, now I don't know what to do or how to make a library, I have sampled a FM Piano, I have 4 layers 36-68-96-127 .. I don't really know how many layers I can use on the xps or how much space does it have? If someone could help me I would be very grateful and I would share my libraries and the ones I have bought
vespina

Re: How to Sample help please

Post by vespina »

Yeah, some processes on the JunoDS can be really cumbersome. This is what you need to know about sampling on the JunoDS:

a) The available sample memory is rather small; just 32 MB.
b) The first step is to load all your individual samples into your keyboard and this can only be done in the keyboard itsellf, using the Sample Import button. Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DizFyOekeOQ&t=199s

One your samples are loaded, you can go one of 2 ways:

a) If you are creating a simple tone, one that does not requires multiples samples and/or different velocities, you can go ahead and create an user patch, assign your sample on wave 1 (or even dub it on the other 3 available waves) and you are good to go. The keyboard will tweak your sample to adjust it to the right pitch.

b) If you are creating a complex tone, then you need to create one or more multisamples, either on the keyboard or using the Roland Tone Manager, and then create an user patch using those multisamples.

In your case, you will need to create 4 multisamples (one for each velocity), assigning your samples to the corresponding keyranges on each velocity. For example, lets say you samples 5 octaves on each velocity, then you need to create a multidsample for velocity 36 and assign sample C2_36.wav (or whatever you named it) to C2-B2 keyrange, C3_36.wav to C3-B3 range and so on.

Once this is done, you can create a new user patch and assign the 36 velocity multisample to Wave 1, 68 to Wave 2, 96 to Wave 3 and 127 to Wave 4, adjusting the velocity setting for each wave accordingly.

These would be the basic process. Check this video for a live example (its in portuguesee but you can follow the process looking at what he is doing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7dfAxKI6M&t=18s

Regards and good luck!

Victor Espina