What types of pedals? 🤔

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
blugabriel

What types of pedals? 🤔

Post by blugabriel »

Hi everyone! I'm new to Roland and looking to level up my new Juno DS 61.
I have no technical knowledge.
Taken by enthusiasm I purchased a pedal (Bespeco VM10L Mono). I wanted to use it to modulate sustain and volume. But I read that there is a MIDI pedal. And I discovered this other new thing (for me): expressions.
Then modulate the effects with your foot.
But in the instructions it says to only use a Roland pedal (and also a Roland stand otherwise the keyboard could fall...😏).

So my questions are:
- If I use the Bespeco pedal, is there really a possibility of causing damage, and of what kind? ...or is it a commercial excuse? 😏
- What could I use the Bespeco pedal for? I would like to modulate volume and sustain, but the second slot for a footswitch. I already had a switch pedal... i.e. ON/OFF.

Info Bespeco --> https://bespeco.it/en/prodotti/vm10l/

(And I realized that maybe they're all MIDI pedals in the end 😅)

Thanks for the attention!
xp30

Re: What types of pedals? 🤔

Post by xp30 »

blugabriel wrote: 18:32, 9 February 2024 So my questions are:
- If I use the Bespeco pedal, is there really a possibility of causing damage, and of what kind? ...or is it a commercial excuse? 😏
- What could I use the Bespeco pedal for? I would like to modulate volume and sustain, but the second slot for a footswitch. I already had a switch pedal... i.e. ON/OFF.
I am not familiar with this brand. If you look at their website, then you can see that they offer several models that differ in impedance and how they are wired.

That is an important reason why Roland recommends their pedal: Their keyboard expects a certain impedance and a certain wiring, and if these parameters are not correct, then the pedal does not work correctly.

I think it is unlikely that connecting the pedal will cause permanent damage. It is possible that one of the Bespeco pedals works with Roland keyboards, and maybe they document that somewhere. However, I doubt that the model VM10L works.