System 8 - OS Update Wish List

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
Alphacode

System 8 - OS Update Wish List

Post by Alphacode »

I thought I start a thread with a wish list for future OS features updates. Moderators maybe could put It as sticky on top ?

From Me :

- Ability to PAN Oscillator 1 and 2 independently.
- Sequencer set to Key Trigger Plays the key pressed + sequence and not transposing (Not makes sense)
It should only play the Sequence and transpose the sequence when playing keyboard.
- Separate Phaser , Flanger, Speed and Depth. Use the Knob1 in effect section for Depth and Knob2 for Speed add menu function for other functions. Currently knob2 is doing Speed/Depth both at the same time.
- Input is very sensitive and Noisy
Manic

Re: System 8 - OS Update Wish List

Post by Manic »

- Additional LFO's, switchable by holding Key Trig and turning the variation knob -> display: A / B / C for LFO A / B / C.

- More LFO variations: waveforms like inverted saw, sharktooth, variable pulses, etc. + same waveform as OSC 1 / 2, but lower frequency.

- Unison: detune and pan spread + more voice modes (number of voices and polyphonic mode, dividing the number of voices over the number of notes)

- Additional filters:
> resonant bandpass filter with adjustable bandwidth (by using a key combination)
> formant/vowel filter
> resonance for the standard HP filter, adjustable with a key combination

- Dynamic voice allocation in performance mode (for example: when you play only 1 note in part A, you have 7 notes left for part B), also with monophonic plug-outs

- Configurable midi input/output (on/off and separate input/output channels) per part in performance mode

- Obviously: more polyphonic plug-outs!!
drk10

Post by drk10 »

As stated in an earlier post, more patch memory space. 64 slots per plug out is too few for a synth of this nature that encourages tweaking.
Skwege101

Post by Skwege101 »

My wishlist
Feedback oscillator from JP-8000/V-Synth
Spread control for the supersaw and other super waveforms
PWM on the Super Pulse waveform.
Increased patch memory (with a proper librarian)
Improved Reverb
More FX controls
2nd LFO.
Free JX-8P/JX-3P plugout ;-)
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

In order of personal preference:

- second LFO
- polyphony on all available Plugouts
- JX-03 Plugout
- voice allocation