System 8

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
richardbates1

Re: System 8

Post by richardbates1 »

Just pre ordered my System 8, I was told they will have theirs in stock very soon.
Now to sell my JP08's on eBay.

I have come to the realization that there will never be a place in time where my wallet is going to be safe.
New great stuff keeps coming out! What is a poor boy to do? Buy, buy, buy!
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

Extensive new Roland promo for the System 8, 18 minutes. Talking, promo, self-promo and sounds, professionally produced, but no new spec details or clarifications that I heard. A little too much talking over lots of great new sounds, but still worth a view. I found the last segment where it's integrated into a modular setup (with Jason Amm of Solvent, I Dream of Wires) the most interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRljA92sq4w
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

The System 8 is now shipping, mine should arrive Friday.
Haven't been able to buy the side ends yet, no where to buy them yet or pricing?
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

Talked to my Sweetwater rep today (my S8 arriving tomorrow) and asked about the side panels. For those of us in the USA, side panels will become available at the end of the year.

I didn't ask him about the price, but IIRC the price was going to be $59 for either aluminum or wood.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

rsaintjohn wrote:Talked to my Sweetwater rep today (my S8 arriving tomorrow) and asked about the side panels. For those of us in the USA, side panels will become available at the end of the year.

I didn't ask him about the price, but IIRC the price was going to be $59 for either aluminum or wood.
Thanks that's good to know.