No System-8 discount for plugouts?

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
mimoid

No System-8 discount for plugouts?

Post by mimoid »

I have registered my System-8, but I still cannot see any discount for the previous plugouts (SH-2 etc). I know that they are still not supported, but should I register my System-8 Product Key somewhere (the one with the black "Please Do Not Discard" card)?

/// Tom
rsaintjohn

Re: No System-8 discount for plugouts?

Post by rsaintjohn »

I'm in the USA, and I registered mine (like all my Rolands) at the Roland Backstage site. But there has never been anything concrete said about when the legacy plug-outs will be available, whether or not we'll buy them the same way through the Content Store, whether current (System-1 plug-out) owners will get them for free, how they'll be downloaded, how they'll be loaded onto the System-8 and so on. I put in a request to Support to see if they yet had the answers, but they don't. I was kind of hoping we'd get an idea of how this will all work by the time the System-8 started hitting Europe, but nothing so far.
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

rsaintjohn wrote:I'm in the USA, and I registered mine (like all my Rolands) at the Roland Backstage site. But there has never been anything concrete said about when the legacy plug-outs will be available, whether or not we'll buy them the same way through the Content Store, whether current (System-1 plug-out) owners will get them for free, how they'll be downloaded, how they'll be loaded onto the System-8 and so on. I put in a request to Support to see if they yet had the answers, but they don't. I was kind of hoping we'd get an idea of how this will all work by the time the System-8 started hitting Europe, but nothing so far.
That's odd. There is only a discount for System-1 users. How about System-8 users? Currently nothing. Later? Never? Nobody at Roland seems to know.

/// Tom
flonky

Post by flonky »

I got a reply from Roland Germany telling me there is a discount for System-8 user, too.
But apparently it is not yet implemented in the website.
They have to check it with their Japanese colleagues.
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

flonky wrote:I got a reply from Roland Germany telling me there is a discount for System-8 user, too.
But apparently it is not yet implemented in the website.
They have to check it with their Japanese colleagues.
Thank you flonky, please keep us posted whatever you find out, Roland Sweden had no idea last time I talked to them. I will call them once more later today.

/// Tom
ABGgd

Post by ABGgd »

So has anyone figured out how to register their System-8 to get the discount? I registered mine but I had to type in System-8 as the instrument type because it wasn't in the list (Canadian site). After doing so I still don't see a discount.
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

You need the Serial # that came on the small card that was included with the System-8, and use it at the Content Store https://contentstore.roland.com/ when you go to purchase the plug-out.
ABGgd

Post by ABGgd »

Ah, I see. That was far from obvious. Thanks

For anyone else reading this: Go ahead and add the product to your cart. Then proceed to the checkout step. It will prompt you there for the product key. After that the special price will be displayed.

Is the special price supposed to be secret or something? Why don't they just say, System-8 customer are eligible for X% off the price?
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

I think the % varies by geographic market region. There seemed to be a small difference between my discount (USA) and someone in France, over in the S8 Facebook group. Something like a difference of 31% off vs 33.5% off, can't remember.

Regarding the serial number, IIRC, you won't have to add it again. It will be logged with your account and the discount applied automatically the next time you go to purchase a plug-out.
nickster

Post by nickster »

This all seems to be a bit disjointed as being in Sweden I had to register my S8 with Rolands Swedish site but this then sends a confirmation mail from the Roland Sweden distributor. So far my Roland account does not have the S8 I own as listed. This is because the account is US based and does not allow for Swedish registration. Hmm. Did not find a black card with a serial number in my box either. Perhaps another look will reveal this? You would think a single site that allows for the variety of countries would be easier all around.
proteus-ix

Post by proteus-ix »

rsaintjohn wrote:I think the % varies by geographic market region. There seemed to be a small difference between my discount (USA) and someone in France, over in the S8 Facebook group. Something like a difference of 31% off vs 33.5% off, can't remember.

Regarding the serial number, IIRC, you won't have to add it again. It will be logged with your account and the discount applied automatically the next time you go to purchase a plug-out.
Anyone know what/if there are still discounts for Sys8 owners? I'm 99% certain the one I'm waiting to arrive was never registered/has all the original materials, and would reeeeally love to get a free or cheap SH-101 plug. I'll be signing up for Cloud anyway at least for a few months, but between the 101, 8, Jupiter, Juno and JX, I don't really need all the other stuff in the Cloud for at least 6 months. :D
Happy

Post by Happy »

Have been trying high and low to get explanation from Roland, but stil did not get clarification about the discounts for System 8 hardware owners.
It looks like cloud manager does not support the proiduct keys anymore even they come in the box and prices are without the discounts.
Seems early adaopters got lucky. Current purchasers need pay the full bill.
Happy

Post by Happy »

Issue clarified. No discounts for hardware owners. See details in my post in Roland Cloud section