New Roland System 8 QC key bed issue

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
Mr. Satchmo

New Roland System 8 QC key bed issue

Post by Mr. Satchmo »

Hello everyone, I just got a brand new System 8 two days ago,it's amazing, it sounds incredible and is so easy to create amazing sounds! Definitely my favorite synth I own. Only question I have is this, I noticed that the key bed on my S8 is very bad, in the sense that some keys are somewhat twisted, some are sitting higher than others. I was not expecting this on a $1500 keyboard. Anyone else have this issue?

The synth is so awesome though

mimoid

Re: New Roland System 8 QC key bed issue

Post by mimoid »

Mr. Satchmo wrote:Hello everyone, I just got a brand new System 8 two days ago,it's amazing, it sounds incredible and is so easy to create amazing sounds! Definitely my favorite synth I own. Only question I have is this, I noticed that the key bed on my S8 is very bad, in the sense that some keys are somewhat twisted, some are sitting higher than others. I was not expecting this on a $1500 keyboard. Anyone else have this issue?
Not really, it is the exactly same model of keyboard as on the JD-XA, with slightly narrower black keys. I notice no twisting with mine but the leftmost C is half a millimeter higher than the others (just like in your picture, and also on my the JD-XA). I think this is by design. Frankly, I don't think the keyboard is any worse than say my Nord Leads.

/// Tom
Mr. Satchmo

Re: New Roland System 8 QC key bed issue

Post by Mr. Satchmo »

Thanks for the reply man. My local dealer has two of them in the store and he's going to switch it out for me.

I am really enjoying this synth and have so much to learn.