Something's coming...

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
cello

Something's coming...

Post by cello »

Roland is releasing 'something' on 19th Dec (JST) for the System-8. Wonder if it's the 106 plugout?!

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRoland ... 70886779:0
CaesarMagnus

Re: Something's coming...

Post by CaesarMagnus »

Hope it goes better than than the bungled SH-101 rollout :-D
PeZiK

Post by PeZiK »

Nice...;)
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

Well I'm excited and I don't even own one :)

Bodes well for all the new Roland hardware.
PeZiK

Post by PeZiK »

Wow...this is better than I hoped for - sounds great!!!

Roland did an outstanding good job on the Juno-106 plug-out. And if I'm not mistaken - you have 8 voices of polyphony instead of original 6.
Locksley

Post by Locksley »

You are right! It is 8 voices; I didn't check first because I thought they would do '6' just because staying true to the original. I am very happy they did not, allthough I hope there is a switch to set it to 6 voices so you can have proper voice stealing if you are re-doing an original 106 part.

A bit noisy on the chorus :P Just like the original...
PeZiK

Post by PeZiK »

Yes, noisy chorus - maybe we are able to turn it off like on the JU-06 Boutique module? Anyone?
CaesarMagnus

Post by CaesarMagnus »

Wow! I am done smarting off now. 100% satisfaction Finally with the new update, I feel fully excited and delighted by the System-8. Thanks Roland! :-)
CaesarMagnus

Post by CaesarMagnus »

[ Ver.1.11 ] DEC 2016
Additional Functions
The JUNO-106 PLUG-OUT is preloaded onto the [PLUG-OUT 2] button.
An effect setting screen was added to the menu items. Along with this, advanced setting parameters were added for DELAY/CHORUS and REVERB.
A SYSTEM-1 filter was added to FILTER VARIATION 3.
A mode for saving the tempo in patches was added ("PATCH TEMPO" in system settings).

Functionality Improvements
During control operation, the display is kept unchanging, and the [VALUE] knob can be used to make fine adjustments (by pressing the [ENTER] button during parameter name and value display).
Parameters for INPUT-use effects can now be changed by holding down the [VOCODER] button and operating the controls for the DELAY/CHORUS or REVERB section.
When the Part Edit (performance mode) KEY RANGE setting is in effect, the settings for key ranges can be made by holding down the [SHIFT] button and fingering the keys on the keyboard.
It is now possible to set the tempo by tap tempo at the TEMPO Adjust screen (by holding down the [SHIFT] button and pressing [ENTER]).
Other minor improvements in operation were made.

Bug Fixes
The following bugs were fixed.
The MONO setting for a patch was not applied in the performance mode.
Problems during use with the SH-101 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer plugged out were corrected.
Sub OSC Type could not be selected using the Wave knob in the OSC3/SUB OSC section.
The indicator for the [ENV] knob in the FILTER section failed to light up.
The indicators for the [A], [D], [S], and [R] sliders in the AMP section failed to follow the VCA MODE setting.
Other minor bugs.
simmo68uk

Post by simmo68uk »

The chorus noise level is switched on and off by the Effect 1 tone knob. The Juno 106 correspondance table is now on the Roland website.

I have to say that after owning the JP-08 and JU-06 , the sound quility of both plug outs on the system 8 is so much better than on the Boutiques. Well done Roland.
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

Wow, this is one sweet and authentic sounding plug-out. Well done, Roland!

/// Tom
syver

Post by syver »

VST/AU versions are also confirmed to be on their way as indicated yesterday on the Roland Aira Facebook page.
Locksley

Post by Locksley »

Yeah, I wonder what changed there minds about doing VSTs? Maybe they just saw other companies releasing heavy CPU emulations and people just eating it up.

Also, like the system 1 owners I hope we get JP8 and Juno 106 for free as we got the System-8 hardware!
JEM

Post by JEM »

I hope the VP-03 will be ported next.

To have the System 8, a JP8, a Juno 106 AND a VP330 available to use live (and zone-able or layered if you so choose) within one keyboard onstage...
DaveJ

Post by DaveJ »

https://www.roland.com/global/support/b ... 5d841e6e8/

guessing no 106 patches yet.

Agree the JP8 & 106 VST will be handy & help with Patch management